A HOW TO:
“INSTALLING INDIAN CURLY CLIP’INS”
Lets talk clip’ins and how they make all the difference in a matter of moments. Clip’ins are both a quick and great way to change your look easily without having to commit to a new look long term. Many customers express their concern about installing curly clip’ins so that they blend with their natural hair seamlessly. While some extensions can be noticeable when not installed properly, there are some ways to make your hair extensions blend with your natural hair so well that it looks as though it is your natural hair. Below we will provide our recommendations and tips on how you can get the perfect blended hair when installing curly clip’ins.
Before getting starting, please be mindful that when selecting clip’ins we recommened purchasing patterns that can be blended with your natural hair. Keep in mind, your real hair will need to be out for this particular install. Consult with your stylist for best results.
PRIOR TO HAVING HER INDIAN CURLY CLIP’INS INSTALLED
Step 1. Wash your Natural hair with Sulfate Free Tresses Shampoo & Thoroughly Saturate your Hair with Tresses Deep Conditioner.
Step 2. Rinse, Blot-Dry & Comb thru your Natural hair with Paddle Brush.
SHOP: PRO TAMER DETANGLE BRUSH
Step 3. Shampoo & Condition Extensions: Thoroughly Saturate your Indian Curly Clip’ins with Tresses Deep Conditioner.
SHOP TRESSES: DEEP CONDITIONER
Step 4. Apply a generous amount of Tresses Curling Creme & Anti-Frizz Leave-in Conditioner to your Natural Hair, Comb thru with Paddle Brush and then repeat those same steps to your Clip’ins,
Step 5. PLEASE NOTE: Before installing Clip’ins, be sure to pop the clip on the clip’ins open so that it slides smoothly onto your hair. Once you’ve placed the clip’in on properly be sure to pop the clip back closed.
Step 6. Part your Natural hair to install the Brazilian Curly Clip’ins, Start from the bottom & continue upward until complete.
Step 7. Once all Clip’ins have been installed, Spray hair down with water to Saturate & Comb thru.
Step 8. Apply more Tresses Curling Creme & Anti-Frizz Leave-in Conditioner to Hair to achieve desired look.
Step 9. Defuse your hair to dry, be sure to scrunch your hair while drying. This will eliminate the frizzy untamed look and assist in defining the curls.
Step 10. Once hair is completely dry, you should at this time have your desired look.
Mistakes we highly recommend you to AVOID
- Using too many clip’ins
- Beginning to install clip’ins too far up on your head
- Adding clip’ins too close to the crown of your head
- Installing clip’ins too close to your scalp.
- Not giving the clip’ins something to grip on to.
- Not using your natural hair to properly camouflage the clip’ins
- Trying to add clip-ins to the squeaky clean hair.
- Purchase extensions designed for your hair so that they can blend with your natural hair seamlessly and give the desired length and volume. Otherwise your stylist msy have to adjust the install method to fit your hair.
- Consult with your stylist about your desired look and method to ensure they guide you in the correct direction
- For looser, finer curls we recommend our Indian Curly, while we recommend Brazilian Curly for tighter, thicker curls.
- Be sure to use the proper products for your extensions. Though both patterns mentioned above are curly and require daily maintenance; Brazilian Curly is more high maintenance.
Give these tips a try, as they will help you blend your hair extensions clip in with your hair, to achieve a seamless and natural look. Come back and let us know how these tips worked.
CLICK HERE to see this install happen from start to finish!